Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hannah and her Sisters


This is my favorite movie of all time! There is just no movie that compares. I remember the first time I watched Hannah and Her Sisters. I was a freshman in high school and it introduced me to film as art, not as a business. It was also my first Woody Allen film and to this day he is still my favorite director. I don't want to oversell it, i'll just say it is THE perfect movie.

I never thought of it as a Thanksgiving movie, but the story begins at Thanksgiving and ends at Thanksgiving 2 years latter. I already had a Thanksgiving round 1 because a family member was in town. I made a roasted Fennel Tomato Sage Casserole, Scalloped Horseradish Dill Potatoes, Cornbread Stuffing, and Pumpkin Cream Cake with pecan crust.

For round 2, on Thanksgiving day, I cooked for 3, it was our second one this season, so I wanted it to be simple, light and elegant. Here's what I made:
Pumpkin Sage Risotto
Roasted Root Vegetables with a sweet balsamic glaze
Lemon Dill Haricot Verts
Peach Basil Pie

Here are a couple of shots. I'm really happy with how everything came out. It was delicious :)

Pumpkin Sage Risotto
Sweet Balsamic Roasted Root Vegetables. (Carrots, beets, parsnips and rutabaga)




" ...Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands."
"If Jesus came back and saw what was going on in his name, he would never stop throwing up."




No comments:

Post a Comment