Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Ghostbusters


This is what I did during Hurricane Sandy. Got some hunkering down supplies- practical stuff like non-perishables and wine but then I realized I didn't think about things like dessert. Luckily I had some ingredients that I was able to throw together to make a cookie I would have never made otherwise. It was kinda like a Chopped challenge. 

I had some free samples of Dandies marshmallows that have been hanging out in the cupboard for a while, I had flour, sugar, coconut oil, some spices. So what I came up with was a sort of a Coconut Marshmallow Snickerdoodle, if you will. Marshmallows got me thinking about Ghostbusters so then I just threw some spirulina into the mix and I ended up with... 

Ectoplasm Stay-Puft Cookies


2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
about half tsp spirulina powder
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 + 2 TB vegan milk
vegan marshmallows (2-3 per cookie) 24 will work.

mix dry ingredients minus sugar and marshmallows, then mix wet in a separate bowl with sugar. Pour the wet into the dry and mix. fold in marshmallows at the end. make into about 12 balls including about 2 marshmallows per ball. flatten balls between you palms gently, then place on cookie sheets. bake for 12 minutes at 350.


Nerd Alert! The Ghostbusters car was in front of a movie theater one night when we lived in Los Angeles. As soon as Joe heard about it, we had to walk down there and get a picture.







3 comments:

  1. 3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete