Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Bob's Burgers - Sgt. Poblano Pepper Lonely Artichoke Hearts Club Burger


I'm thinking of making Bob's Burgers specials a regular segment on Popcorn and Nooch. If you haven't seen the show, it's really clever, I recommend you do so. Unfortunately Bob isn't vegan, but that doesn't mean I can't bring his daily specials to life, cruelty-free 'n all. I look forward to seeing his daily special on the chalkboard each episode, they are always cute and "punny"

So to get my new segment rolling, I went with Sgt. Poblano Pepper Lonely Artichoke Hearts Club. A lentil burger topped with a roasted poblano stuffed with cheesy artichokes.

I'll give you an idea of what I did here...

I roasted the poblano first until it's black and blistery, let it cool, then removed the skin and sliced it in half removing the seeds and stem.

I stuffed it with a cheesy artichoke mixture- artichokes, sauteed onions and garlic, fresh thyme, vegenaise, sea salt, bit of dry sherry, and my award winning cashew cheese (I really did win a cooking competition with this cheese, for some reason when I say "award winning" people don't think I'm serious, lol).

I stuffed this mixture into my pepper halves, topped it with bread crumbs and popped it back in the oven, Then I just slid it on top of the lentil burger.





10 comments:

  1. i love bob's burgers! i often think of how to veganize the specials on his board! that burger looks bomb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendy. I think about it every time I watch the show, lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow. That... Makes me very hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! We've nominated you for a Liebster Award- check out the details here on our blog post: http://soydivisionblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/16/vegan-mofo-liebster-award-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, this looks GLORIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I nominate you for the Liebster Award during Vegan MoFo! :)

    You can find out more about it at my latest blog post:
    http://www.danielle-atkins.com/2014/09/liebster-award.html


    **linda belcher voice** ALLLRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

    ReplyDelete